Finally- after how many months? I’ve pulled my finger out and finally finished A’s bedroom. Ah- as part of the purging process we’ve been going through since the new year (15 bags donated and counting, + countless items posted on Craigslist and at work, 3+ bags for consignment and several bags of trash) I felt ready to finish A’s room. And all it took was hanging up a magnetic board (repurposed from my sewing nook).
And cleaning her room.
And sorting her toys.
And wiping the walls of some funny foot gunk.
While it doesn’t quite look as finished as if a real designer had taken over, I am really pleased at how it turned out. And the irony is that A will probably only have about 10+ months to enjoy it on her own before we meld her and her brother into the same miniscule space. That will be a challenge. So anyhow- guess how much this whole endevour cost, even with second hand bed and new comforter? Supplies cost $184 plus tax (mostly fabric and electrical stuff) + $60 for the comforter set + $100 for the bed. Less than $350 for a whole new room. Fantastic. I long ago lost track of the stuff I sold to conteract any costs I had to incur to complete the projects, but I’m faily certain that I broke even.
The repurposed/ re-used list:
- felt, twine
- fabric scraps, batting
- fabric scraps, interfacing, wool blanket
Doll crib + highchair
- repainted crib, recovered dolly mattress, made cushion for highchair out of fabric scraps and left over batting
- re-used paint, wall plugs, screws
Pouf for reading nook
- reused fabric scraps
Fabric wall decal
- fabric scraps, used old box shelves from bath/living room and repainted with paint from master bedroom
- repainted shelves with old paint, re-used rope light, mesh curtains, felt, curtain rod and cup hooks
- repurposed from my sewing nook